One of the great things about images is they can convey a lot more than text alone.
This is even truer when we consider instructional posts.
Using images to illustrate how to do something is a great way to engage your followers.
Images can show a lot of details that words have difficulty in expressing.
To get the most out of your illustrations, however, there are a few rules that need to be adhered to.
- Size – chose medium sized images that are easy to download and read on small devices. If an image is too large it will take too long to download and your potential client will go somewhere else. If it is too small, they won’t be able to see what it is you are showing them!
- Make sure there is sufficient light. This means that everything will be presented clearly and shadows are avoided.
- Make sure you take images of every step of the process. There is nothing more frustrating than getting half way through a project and getting that sinking feeling because something doesn’t make sense.
- Make sure images are clearly labelled – Step 1, Step 2, etc.
- Include sufficient text that describes every minute detail of the process.
There is nothing better than a clearly explained and illustrated step by step process that is easy to follow – your followers will love you for it.